Monday, December 9, 2013

Hamersley Iron and Pilbara Dash 9-44CWs weathering by Barcoola

Hi All

I have got all inspired and tried my hand at painting and weathering some Hamersley Iron, and Pilbara Rail Dash 9-44CWs

In short, the locomotives were painted silver, and not a hard silver but a reduced hue that is not so punchy.

Then decaled, a word of warning the Pilbara Rail decals are NQR, and I had to fight them into place, took a number of hits to get it right, even now I am not 100% happy.

The frames and walkways were painted a mix close to UP harbour mist grey.

A number of washes were applied, both dirt and rust.  The red stripes were painted over with a lighter hue and highlights as per the prototype photos.

A final dusting of chalk and a soot completes the job.




































Here are some of the prototype shots, I think I got pretty close.





I hope this inspires you.

Scott

3 comments:

  1. Look fantastic mate, You could sell em to Les for A huge commission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say Awsome talent you have its a shame that the Locos of such are not available to the public as what you have shown us.Some time in the futureWe hope.
    cheers Doug Mc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing job! What color yellow & silver did you use, if you don't mind my asking.

    ReplyDelete