As previsously stated, I have started doing some bulk modelling, the result of which is this model of CL2 in Australian National livery.
With alot of persistence and taking your time, wash on-top of wash you can get the right effect, not in any particular order, this is what was accomplished.
- Roof was covered with Humbrol 64 grey.
- Yellow stripes were washed with Humbrol white.
- Green sections of the body was firstly painted with a very pale colour then, washed numerous times to get the proper effect, deeper hue after deeper hue.
- the bogies and fuel tank were washed with a mix of greys and Humbrol rust, a diluted version of the same was applied to certain sections of the roof.
- a wash of black was applied to rivet lines and various panels to give added depth.
- roof, body sides, pilot and bogies were sprayed with a custom grime mix.
- roof and nose was sprayed with matt black, all directioned from the exhaust.
- final spray of matt clear.
I am really happy with the result.
I did a couple of these at once.
So.........If you want a little piece of Barcoola, now is your chance, I have placed this model of CL2 on Ebay.