Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Alice Springs railway yard on Google maps

Hi All

I have just been checking out Google maps, and they have updated the maps from Alice Springs.
A couple of things I would like to point out that I missed.......X@#$% it!
Trackage north of the Crane hard stand area is still intact, although only a part of it seems to be in use. more frustrating is the NQX depot ex NTFS STILL has track into it!!, thus could open up another shunting possiblity, the track goes right under one half of the building, thus would enable transhipment direct to the NTFS or NQX trucks.
The steel concern between Adelaide Brighton Cement and Kleen Gas still has a siding, abet currently covered up, these interesting additions are just too much to ignore. I will look to see if I can incorporate into the current design.

See if you can spot the AN class in the yard.....

Thanks

Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment