Saturday, January 29, 2011

AQEY and one method of articulation.

Hi All

Again while browsing the net, a couple of modelers were wondering how we made our articulated wagons. There are three different versions, the AQEY, one of the first type I made back in 1990. Draw bar of the AQWY again back in 1991, and using spare parts from walthers kits.

Attached are some shots of an AQEY, all I used was two tongues built at different heights from the two platforms, and a small square of styrene as a locking nut. A hole was drilled through all three, and the two tongues were blinded to the width of the screw. The screw was fed through the bogie, both tongues and then screwed into the styrene keeper nut to hold it all together.



No comments:

Post a Comment